Ever buy from this vendor? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Closed Thread

Old June 24th, 2009, 04:40 PM   #1
Major Player

Ever buy from this vendor?

I am looking at a cam and wondering if anyone has ever purchased from this online vendor. The name is Jersey Shore Digital. I looked them up on reseller rating and it had 5 reviews that were all good but 5 isn't very many. Let me know what you think.
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:57 PM   #2
Equal Opportunity Offender

Why not try the "trusted full line dealers" at the bottom of this page?

Andrew
Old June 24th, 2009, 05:03 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Simple question, do they have a New York address?? Many of the NY Scam-era shops just change their names around to start afresh with the same bogus games.

You'd be better to stick with a known quality reseller, though if you're a glutton for punishment (often including verbal abuse) or have a twisted sense of humor... you can always call and when they tell you the price is just for the body and the electroncs are extra as is the battery and all the original accessories (or cheap knockoffs thereof)... you'll know pretty fast...

Just FYI, B&H's used department is sometimes a treasure chest, if something has been out for a while.
Old June 24th, 2009, 07:18 PM   #4
Major Player

None of the vendors down below carry what I'm looking for except for B&H and they are back ordered plus $250 more. It's located in NJ so guess it's close enough to NY.
Old June 25th, 2009, 01:40 PM   #5
Trustee

Yes, but you'll get it from B&H when they have it.
Old June 25th, 2009, 04:39 PM   #6
Trustee

Lalo, it's easy for an crooked dealer to post fake reviews on rating sites. One sure tipoff is a price that is too good. If you buy from this place, please post how badly they got you.
Old June 25th, 2009, 07:39 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Like I said, you can always phone them up, I'd recommend not giving any credit card info over the web or phone, but ask about ordering the camera you want, see if they REALLY have it in stock, if it comes with a full US warrantee, and what accessories it comes with...

I'm guessing you'll be shaking your head as you hang up the phone, always has worked that way for me - typically it's grey market, US is WAY more, AND they'll tell you it's not in stock if you ask too many questions, expect the genuine article or insist on the advertised price with what you'd normally get if you go to a store and buy the camera. All the accessories will be massively marked up if you do want them, and they'll tell you the camera isn't sold with basics like a battery... it's pretty surreal...

The one that really cracked me up was the store that told me the price listed was for the SHELL of the camera, and that they sold it that way because they had demand for it... uh huh, sure, I want to buy the outside shell and install my own electronics (actually I am crazy enough to do something like that, but not with an advanced piece of electronic equipment, and not paying even a bargain price for the pleasure either!).

I can't imagine anyone with a brain would buy from some place like that or buy that load of hooey, but it's out there and I guess somehow they find enough suckers to keep the lights and phones on...

You didn't mention what you're looking for, but there's always eBay for the strange, unusual, or hard to come by... but it has risks too...

The "if the price is too good to be true" filter should be turned on before going online, or you'll be at risk for a rip off.... As a member of DVinfo you automatically qualify as way to smart to get snookered that way!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion