Senn ev100 popping noises? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old June 21st, 2004, 10:27 AM   #1
New Boot

Senn ev100 popping noises?

hi all,

Had my first wedding & it turned out to be a success the other night..but i do have a question...

i used the senn ev100 wireless on the groom and during the playback i hear faint popping noises when he speaks..it wasn't overmodulating but I'm wondering HAS ANYONE HEARD THIS POPPING noise from their wireless mics..its subtle but i can notice it..hmmm ..well, at least i have my minidisk as my backup, so i may try to use BOTH Audio tracks..

thanks for your help
karen
Karen Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2004, 02:06 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I dont know if this could be the cause of your prob without hearing it. A year back we had a similar noise due to the grooms pacemaker. We now always ask.
Old June 22nd, 2004, 04:35 AM   #3
Inner Circle

one thing to note, the omni head is VERY sensive.. but if there is an actual poping the recording, open the recording in something like soundforge and watch the wave, if u can see a defect u can clean it up in here, or if u dont see it, but still hear teh popping, it could very much be a voltage issue on ur listening device..

unless or course youve watched the footage over and over and it pops in the same lace, then u know its the recording..

One thing to note, is that with wireless mics as sensitive as this, ur WONT be perfect due to the movement factor.. teh hugs, the kisses.. u name it, itll pick up everythign so things WILL distort.. it could have jsut been the mic head rubbing on something...

who knows.

one thing to try is to mic up in a silent room using teh same setup as u would a wedding (or as room silent as possible) and record for at least 15 mins..

capture the tape and listen (and look) in on it thru soundforge....

this will give u a beter idea..
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion