DVDA: DV Movie Makers Forum on Delphi at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old July 30th, 2002, 11:04 AM   #1
Air China Pilot

DVDA: DV Movie Makers Forum on Delphi

Chris has been kind enough to make an exception in allowing me to publicize a forum where I'm a moderator.

It's called DVDA (DV Discussion and Advice) which is a movie maker's forum located on Delphi. DVDA has an active core of participants who are indie filmmakers working in film and DV, professionals working in TV and film, and eager students who are plunging into the DIY and low-budget world. Among the moderators is Matt Fraction from MK12 Productions (www.mk12.com | soon to be highlighted in the upcoming ResFest DVD), Janet Harvey (JungleGirlStudios.com, a former producer for DC Comics Interactive division) and myself as CHIEF NEWBIE willing to ask the embarassing questions others fear to ask.

Among recent discussions has been methods for DIY blood hits, a question regarding the legality of blowing up a car in the middle of Queens, a discussion about handheld methods and a planned 5 minute DVDA short film challenge.

The mandate of the forum is to provide a mix of technical and creative advice to low-budget and first-time moviemakers. This is facilitated using Delphi's image posting, and easy cut and paste forum tools that make it easy to bring in information from other parts of the web. DVDA has been open for less than two weeks and already has over 100 members.

I hope to encourage cross-pollination between these two forums and will encourage DVDA members to join DVInfo.net for questions regarding camera technology. DVDA also has a no JERKS policy so be comfortable there.

Join as a visitor or member. Membership in Delphi is free. (Advanced users are allowed free run of Delphi software, however). Hope to see some of you there.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/DVDA/
Old July 30th, 2002, 06:29 PM   #2
Wrangler

Free!?! HOW COME YOU CHARGED ME $20 TO JOIN???

:)
Just kidding.
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2002, 06:30 PM   #3
Air China Pilot

<<<-- Originally posted by Dylan Couper : Free!?! HOW COME YOU CHARGED ME $20 TO JOIN??? -->>>

It's like those airlines that are charging overweight passengers double. Except we do it for dumbasses.
Old July 30th, 2002, 07:08 PM   #4
Wrangler

I don't get it.
If I give you another $20, will you explain it to me? ;)
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion