basic questions : What is gain? & zebra settings - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 4th, 2002, 07:25 PM   #16
Trustee

Frank, yeah the GL2 does have the lower speeds. All the way down to 1/8th I think for the NTSC version. (I think the PAL is 1/6th) and clearscan too.
Aaron Koolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2002, 07:50 PM   #17
Outer Circle

Thanks, Aaron. The GL2 is just looking sweeter and sweeter. Being a pessimist (because of a confused personality, strange culture and a sad childhood) (stupid smile gif, stick out tongue...), I can't find one thing wrong with this cam! Man, if I had the extra cash I'd grab one in a heartbeat. I think it's worth every penny. A cam like this 6 years ago would have sold for a fortune. Thanks, Canon! You were listening!

PS: Canon, when you bring out the GL2s, please add a slightly larger viewfinder.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2002, 07:59 PM   #18
Obstreperous Rex

I think that despite having 1/4" chips, the GL2 is a serious contender for the VX2000. Canon seems to have hit a home run with the GL2. The Panny DVX100 is very interesting but more expensive than the GL2 by about $1200. It's difficult to come up with any legitimate gripes about the GL2.

Fellow pessimist,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2002, 03:22 AM   #19
Trustee

Yeah it's looking good from what I've heard. Can't wait til we get them here in New Zealand so I can test drive one on the old Depth of Field and all that, that I'm so interested in. Might go for that over an old XL1 in the end.

Good it is a serious contender for the VX2000, but we have to remember that the VX2000 is way older that the GL2. That said, apart from XLR and 1/3" chips it seems that the GL2 has a lot more to offer. Better sound, Higher resolution, Clearscan, Frame movie mode and more.

Just hanging out to get my hands on one now......
Aaron Koolen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion