Upgrade Opinions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 26th, 2004, 01:50 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Upgrade Opinions

Hello,

I'm looking for some opinions out there. I currently shoot in a live music theater environment 6 nights a week. We're shooting for image mag purposes so I don't have a deck attached to my camera. I just use BNC out. I've been shooting with a full sized Hitachi Z-One C for the past 10 years and it has served me well. That being said it's definitely nearing the end of it's life. I need some opinions on a suitable upgrade. I realize that camera's have greatly evolved in the past 10 years so maybe I could get away with something a little cheaper than what we paid for the Hitachi. I've been looking at the Panasonic AG-DVC200 or similar full sized DV cams or maybe even an XL-2. Can I expect similar quality/ performance? How about the ruggedness. The Z-One C is a beast but it's withstood many bumps and bruises. Maybe these new digital cams are more fragile? I'm not completely ignorant with dv as I briefly owned a GL-2 for my own personal use last year. The other advantage I see with a DV cam is having a deck attached. Any and all opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance

Max
Max Mishler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2004, 04:47 PM   #2
Regular Crew

We use the Z-One at our TV Studio, great camera. Definatly my favourite.
Cory Moorehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2004, 05:57 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I agree. I think we're definitely sticking with Hitachi in our upgrade. Maybe the Z-3000 or Z-4000. Great, reliable workhorses....
Max Mishler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion