Problems with my 7" Panny Lcd at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old September 28th, 2004, 11:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Problems with my 7" Panny Lcd

Got a weird problem with the Panny. I've been shooting a lot of docos recently. So i adapted the panny into a wireless monitor. I've used it with the xl1s, betacam and small little Sony lipstick cameras. In every instance all i needed to do was to plug the video out from any of these cameras into the transmitter and i got picture on my lcd which was plug into the receiver (it's one of those 2.4ghz video sender sets).

Anyway, i've got a corporate video shoot today so i mounted the lcd on my hotshoe, plugged the lcd cable straight into the camera. But, there was no picture at all. Tried with the betacam. No picture also.

The weird part is, i tried with the wireless setup after that and viola!! No problems. So the situation now is, i can use the wireless video sender to get pictures. But not if i plug it straight into my camera.

Anyone out there can help???
Yean Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2004, 06:33 PM   #2
Major Player

Sorry I can't but I'd love to know how much you like the monitor?
Michael Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2004, 11:50 PM   #3
Regular Crew

for the money i spent on it..i absolutely love it...without a doubt, in it's price range, it's easily the best..
Yean Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2004, 07:52 AM   #4
Wrangler

Are you using the same cable between the camera and the monitor that you were using between the camera and the transmitter? Have you tried different cables?

This is a good one! Looking forward to hear the ultimate solution...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion