Just scratched my battery! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old October 25th, 2004, 06:16 PM   #1
Tourist

Just scratched my battery!

I don't believe this. Got a new hard case and tried to fit a 5400 mAH battery into a tight (erm, VERY tight) compartment. It ended up getting wedged and the only way for me to finally get it back out was to use a thin plastic element as a pincer of sorts. End result - multiple scratches on the battery casing. They're surface marks (several nasty gouges, close to what could be called deep - or let's just say, there are tracks in the plastic - ,but nothing has been exposed and the battery is working perfectly), but I'm wondering if the battery is still safe to use? It looks only slightly rougher than banged up handling wear, but the plastic is definitely pretty scratched up on one side. Never had this experience before, and am unsure of what to do. Help!!!
Mitch B. Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2004, 06:30 PM   #2
Warden

Scratches on the battery case will not effect the performance or overall life of the battery.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2004, 06:32 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Mitch,
If you saw what my batteries looked like, you'd know that as long as the case isn't cracked or bashed in or has other severe damage that the battery will probably operate just fine and be safe to use. My batteries have gotten beat to death from an appearance stand point but still perform flawlessly and I haven't turned green from any chemical reactions as of yet :-)

(DISCLAIMER) In the event that your battery should cause you to lose an eye,your hearing, become impotent, lose sleep at night or anyother medical,physical or mental ailment please remember, I am not a battery doctor nor do I play one on TV. Please use this advice at your own risk, do not drive after reading this advice, do not operate heavy machinery, do not swim for at least 2 hours after reading this.

I'm sure you'll be fine.

Don B
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2004, 02:47 PM   #4

Don..

you forgot to add...

"..and I approve this message"
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2004, 03:51 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Bill,
Thanks. I did forget that and now I'll probably lose the election on some technical point. :-)
Don B
Don Bloom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion