Cutting between an XL1s and a Vx2000 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old September 10th, 2002, 02:38 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Cutting between an XL1s and a Vx2000

Anyone have any luck or experience in intermixing images from an XL1/XL1s and a VX2000? Other than the obvious difference in shooting frame mode, can anyone give me some insight vs. shooting and matching in post?

thanks

Wayde G
Right Field Films

www.rightfieldfilms.com
Wayde Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2002, 09:20 PM   #2
Warden

Do a search, I've seen several settings listed as a starting point for matching Sonys and Canons. Do you have footage that your trying to mix? Or are you contemplating using the two cameras and are wondering what pitfalls to avoid? In either case if you could provide a few more details like how the footage will be shot, what your using to edit on etc. and I can give more detailed answers. I have matched them in post for clients and depending on your software it can be a challenge. In the past I've found it easier to match the cameras as close as possible in the field and just do fine tunning in post.

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2002, 07:13 AM   #3
Regular Crew

We're doing a feature lenght DV and want to use as much available equipment as possible. I'd like to use the Vx200 to get reaction shots, etc. with the XL1s as the primary camera.

At this point, we're in the early planning stages and it would make things much easier to block shots with two cameras vs. one.

We'll have ample lighting with both indoor, outdoor and day and night scenes. One scene (I'm still figuring out how) will be shot in the rain at night.

I would agree that it is a good idea to get the images as close as possible and then tweek the footage in post. It is most likely we'll be using either Premier 6.5 (PC) or FCP 3.0.

Thanks for the quick post.
W Gardner
Right Field Films

www.rightfieldfilms.com
Wayde Gardner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion