ADVC 110 vs. ADVC 300 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old December 29th, 2004, 04:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

ADVC 110 vs. ADVC 300

I was told the 300 cleans up analog footage and image stabilizes. Is it worth the $500?
Chris Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2004, 04:39 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Do you have a lot of old analog footage that needs to be cleaned up and restored?
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2004, 04:46 PM   #3
Major Player

I have the ADVC-100 (same as 110 except can't be power by firewire cable alone) and I love it.

I use it to out put all my timeline to my 27" Sony to see what I'm doing. I also use it to capture things from my SVHS VCR. It works great for all purpouses. I have a ton of hours on it and its never even hiccupped so I really enjoy it.

I have read several reviews of the 300 and supposedly its quite a little box. The reviews I read said it really did a great job of cleaning up noisy footage as it was being captured and would be a great investment.

If you plan on bringing up alot of VHS 8mm HI8 ect material I would think you should try to get the 300. If you don't see yourself doing much of that save yourself a couple hundred and get the 110.
Old December 29th, 2004, 05:07 PM   #4
Regular Crew

well im doing this for my boss! He wants to transfer to dvd so i dont know the quality now but i do know i dont want it to drop. I was just wondering if anyone knew if the extra cleaning features were worth the extra cash. I am trying to make a deal with him ill provide him the labor and dvds for me to keep the 110 or 300.
Chris Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2004, 11:36 AM   #5
Major Player

I would probably recommend the 110 in this case. Mostly because your boss won't be able to see the difference moer than likely and it will put extra cash in your pocket.

However the call is really up to you.

What format are you going to be bringing to dvd?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion