Rotoscope animation question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old March 24th, 2005, 03:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Rotoscope animation question

I am trying to find out what software that Richard Linklater used to animate over the dv footage in Waking Life and A Scanner Darkly. I have heard that Adobe After Effects can do it, and someone told me Motion might, but isn't designed for that. I am interested in doing a short in the same style and would like to find the software that Linklater used, since I have read that he did it on a G4.
Joseph Ivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2005, 03:43 PM   #2
Tourist

I am pretty sure that the creators of Waking Life had there own sofeware made for that movie, I know that you can do it AE the preinstalled Effects might not have what you are looking for, but there are a lot of free effects you can download off the net... Good luck, and be patient Roto is very time consuming, also try the keyframe assistant sometimes you get lucky everyonce in awhile.
Clayton Monical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2005, 03:48 PM   #3
Air China Pilot

Do a search, there was a thread last week about it.
Old March 25th, 2005, 07:09 AM   #4
Trustee

I missed the articles, but I also know that Animation:Master has ability to do this. The only thing is that you have to strip the audio before you import it. Not sure of what the final effect is, so it may or may not be the tool you want.
George Ellis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion