Battery Belts at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old May 12th, 2005, 07:41 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Battery Belts

Hey guys. So I've asked a few questions before to improve the quality of my live band footage. Something I got to thinking about the other day was with regards to battery belts.

I'm sure you're all familiar with the weight of your camera, lens, and battery combined. Well that weight is killing me since I spend close to 40 minutes to and hour holding my camera above my head so that I can "see" over the crowd. Now I have been looking at ways of making things lighter and something that hit me was getting rid of the heavy battery above my head, and getting it around my waist.

The thing is I have searched the web and searched these forums and I can't seem to find anything about battery belt packs for a GL2. Does anyone have one? Any recomendations on brands and which ones I should stay away from?

Thanks
Alex T. Hurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2005, 12:49 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Bescor has lead acid battery belts and I believe they also have a patch cord to go to the camera. Check bescor.com (I believe thats the website)

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2005, 07:42 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom
Bescor has lead acid battery belts and I believe they also have a patch cord to go to the camera. Check bescor.com (I believe thats the website)

Don
What about Lithium Ion? Even Nickel Metal Hydride? I would want to get a battery that can't get the memory effect.
Alex T. Hurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 10:34 AM   #4
Major Player

I'm looking for a battery belt to power a 7" Marshall monitor (v-r70p-hda) during run-and-gun shoots. I want it to last at least 6 hours. Any specific model suggestions?

Also, I've been looking at used units... is that a wise decision or not?
Sam Jankis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 04:53 PM   #5
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex T. Hurter
What about Lithium Ion? Even Nickel Metal Hydride? I would want to get a battery that can't get the memory effect.
GL2 uses 7.2V LI-Ion batteries. The belts are in general 12-14V so you would have to get a 12 to 7v converter to step down the voltage; also, they are much heavier than your camera. I would stick with the 7.2V camera battery...
http://www.dolgin.net
Alex Dolgin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion