Trolley Bag for 2 camcorders at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old October 18th, 2009, 10:12 AM   #1
Trustee

Trolley Bag for 2 camcorders

I am looking to buy a camcorder bag to be able to fit inside 2 camcorders and to also have trolley wheels. Any ideas?

Stelios
Old October 18th, 2009, 08:40 PM   #2
Trustee

Pelican. Full stop. I have this. It holds an XH-A1, HV30, HV10, HF100, a Rode shotgun mic kit, handheld mic, batteries, chargers, gaffer tape and all sorts of other detritus.

The case is almost infinitely configurable and could easily hold two cameras near the size of the A1 or larger with plenty of room for other stuff. Pelican offer a myriad of sizes from cellular phone to large suitcase. Swan around the site for a bit and you'll see the variety. I know that they are distributed worldwide so you shouldn't have a problem getting one where you are.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2009, 10:17 AM   #3
Trustee

Tripp
Thanks for the link. Did you have to cut out the foam to accommodate your cameras or you just move the partitions inside? When you extend the handle to carry using the wheels, is it practical? I mean how far out does the handle extend?

Stelios
Old October 19th, 2009, 10:37 AM   #4
Major Player

Stelios: buy the interior compartment package. It will help organize all your gear, and it doesn't fall apart like the foam does after a few months.

The handles extend nicely, but they could be longer. On the rectangular cases, it's fine. My one big cube case...I'd like another 3-4 inches, but it still works well.

In most Pelican cases I've had, the wheels are not the big soft "rollerblade" style like some consumer trolleys, which makes the Pelican a little noisy to drag long distances.

But you can't beat the protection.
Bill Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2009, 02:05 PM   #5
Trustee

So Bill you are suggesting to buy the same as Tripp ones
This ones: Pelican | 1610 Case with Dividers (Black) | PC1614B | B&H Photo

Stelios
Old October 20th, 2009, 07:51 PM   #6
Trustee

I don't know which one Bill has in mind, but there are several with trolley wheels and handles that use the compartment system. I have nearly a dozen Pelican cases from a small handicam size to the 1610 and I can tell you that the only difference between the ones you are interested in is the size. You can do what I did. That was lay out all my major bits of kit on the floor and measured the three dimensions that it occupied. I even cut out some length and width templates on a piece of large cardboard and laid everything out on it just to be sure it would all fit. Then I placed my order. It all came out the berries.

The compartment system will give you lots of options and you won't run out of dividers to store all the little odds and sods.

I've been buying and using Pelican cases for about eight years and have never been disappointed. And no, I do not work for, nor do I have any financial interest in Pelican Cases.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion