magic bullet quicklooks and windows 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old November 9th, 2009, 03:28 AM   #1
New Boot

magic bullet quicklooks and windows 7

is anyone using windows 7? i bought quicklooks and it says my hardware does not meet the minimum requirements so it won't install. my video card is an ati radeon with 1gb of memory...so i'm wondering if it's because i'm on 7?
Brian MacKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2009, 10:13 AM   #2
Trustee

Magic Bullets is picky about the video card. You didn't say which ATI model number you have but here is a quote from ATI's web site that might help you.

Magic Bullet Looks supports a wide range of cards from both ATI or NVIDIA. For ATI cards, we require a 9600 XT or greater, or an X series card starting with the X700 series.

Red Giant Software: Magic Bullet Looks 1.2 - Plugin Compatibility
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2009, 11:12 AM   #3
Inner Circle

If Quicklooks is what comes bundled with Vegas, then I've been using it successfully on XP, XP64, and Win7.

I don't use ATI cards though.
Old November 9th, 2009, 11:28 AM   #4
Trustee

Quicklooks doesn't come bundled with Vegas. If Quicklooks doesn't find a video card that it is compatible with, it won't install. If the OP's problem is caused by an incompatible video card, his problem is not an OS version issue. Since he didn't indicate his ATI model number, he will have to check it to verify or eliminate this as the cause of his problem.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2009, 11:50 AM   #5
Inner Circle

What version of Magic Bullet Looks comes with Vegas? Do you know? I've often wondered.
Old November 9th, 2009, 05:08 PM   #6
New Boot

hey, i have the ati radeo hd 4000...while my system told me i had all the latest drivers, i went to the site and downloaded the full driver suite, and it works now :)

thanks everyone!
Brian MacKenzie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion