Nikon Photo Lens on Non-Nikon Video Cameras at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old January 15th, 2010, 10:12 PM   #1
Major Player

Nikon Photo Lens on Non-Nikon Video Cameras

I'm currently looking at getting deeper into Digital Video with a better camera (currently I use the Flip) and I'm noticing that a lot of cameras and short indie films which list what gear they used have a lot of Nikon Lenses on Non-Nikon Cameras.

Is this a normal/better thing to do than use same-brand camera lenses? Anyone have comments on the practice or experience?

The reason I ask is I'm coming from Photography with a lot of Nikon lenses, so I want to limit my costs for going into video, so re-using those lenses is a must.

Thanks!
Old January 19th, 2010, 08:31 PM   #2
Major Player

Yes. For example while Canon makes some great lenses, the older Nikon's are great glass and a relative bargain, so folks get anadapter to mount them on the Canon 5D's etc. Save your money and buy adapters .. dependoing on how many lenses you own you might want to buy an adapter for each lens to make swaps faster.
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion