more confusion: should i stick to HDV (fx1 or z1) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old April 10th, 2010, 11:38 AM   #1
Major Player

more confusion: should i stick to HDV (fx1 or z1)

i saw some AMAZING divx footage taken from a FX1, and I asked myself if sony's last CCD camcorders are still the way to go?

I have budget to buy any camcorder up to a PMW ex1r but I am still unsure about CMOS as i HATE IT

this is the shortlist
1) sony fx1 (or z1 ) i believe those are the last CCD ones sony produced. but they're both discontinued so I doubt I can find them new
2) panasonic hmc 150 - this seems to be the only professional camcorder using CCD at present // still few shops i went to seem to regard this highly compared to Sony
3) sony pmw EX1r - a winner in terms of specs BUT very expensive and VERY heavy whereas the first 2 are much lighter and easy to handle....and CMOS...

I shoot primarely 16:9 for DVD (and sometimes bluray), at home (interiors), and i need a good performer with low light...

the problem of (1) versus (2) and (3) is also the use of Mini DV tapes but what I really need is the best picture quality, with the lowest possible noise (now for this reason I am in doubt on the EX1 as i hate hate hate cmos - but maybe the newest exmor CMOS 1/2" are better?)

thanks
Federico
Federico Perale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion