82 mm rubber lens hoods at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old April 28th, 2010, 01:30 AM   #1
Regular Crew

82 mm rubber lens hoods

I have been trying to get a rubber lens hood with an 82 mm thread for several months now but no luck in Australia. So I looked at the scene in the good old US & found a couple of outlets which sell the very good quality Heliopan Lens hoods. Price $US 72.- freight to Australia $US 58.- Is that freight charge plain insanity or am I missing something ? I mean that lens hood could not weigh more than 20 grams ? How much does it cost to buy a small post bag in the US ? In Australia where we don't have Heliopan Lens hoods we have Express post bags for $AUS 7.-
Hubert Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 04:50 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Hubert currently out of stock but it's $US59.00 at BnH and the Int. Priority mail looks like $US41.25. Their freight prices have gone up. If you're going to buy it .. IMO register and open a shopping cart there.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/160399-REG/Heliopan_701082_82mm_Rubber_Lens_Hood.html
Cheers.
Old April 29th, 2010, 05:10 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Many thanks for that Allan,
For that money I can buy 20 cheap brand lens hoods here. I can actually afford to lose 1/2 dozen & still have spare ones.
Hubert Hofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 05:31 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Hubert .. of course.
Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion