How to:- Live composite pop-up video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old July 6th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #1
Tourist

How to:- Live composite pop-up video

Hi, I'm new 'round here so please be patient.
I'm a musician in lanzarote and have noticed the crazy amount of flat screen tv's in the bars I play in, so I got to thinking how to utilise them in a show.
I want to do a live camera vh1 pop-up video kind of thing (where info bubbles "pop-up" on screen at relevant times).
I have used backing tracks before and was thinking of turning them into chroma key videos with the info bubbles and other footage on a green background and compositing it over a live camera of us on stage.
I can make the videos but don't have a clue as to what software and hardware I'll need to do it live.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Cheers.
Giff
Gifford Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 03:22 PM   #2
Inner Circle

One of the interesting bits of software is arkaos - essentially it's a media server, kind of like a sampler, but for video. It lets you take graphics, video clips and live video, and then map these to keys on a computer keyboard, and you can also have effects and all kinds of video treatment too - so you can kind of play images like you'd play a music keyboard. It can also be controlled from midi, or dmx from a lighting desk. I think you can download a demo. Camera wise, it depends on what inputs you have available, but it's rather neat. I've got a lighting controller that I use for music events, and I trigger the video via Arkaos. It can handle multiple outputs too - I found it a bit complicated at first, but I'm getting better. There are alternatives, like Hippotizer, which is a hardware/software combination rather than stand-alone software for your own pc.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion