best moderately priced hd camcorder thats easy to transfer videos to cpu? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 5th, 2010, 10:08 AM   #1
Tourist

best moderately priced hd camcorder thats easy to transfer videos to cpu?

hi,

i did a search prior to posting but couldn't find anything on this topic. if there is a recent thread that has covered this, please to be sharing a link.

otherwise, i am looking for an hd camcorder in the $500-700 range that (dare i say) is *easy* to load the videos you shoot into your cpu. i have not worked with many video cameras but it seems like a lot of cameras strangely are not very user friendly for simply dragging the video you shot into your cpu.

i feel like, they should all be like flip cameras. shoot, plug in to cpu, drag, done. but i know they are not all like this.

i was looking at the Canon Vixia HG20 which i found for 499 refurbished and looks decent, but i read a review on cnet that said the software is crappy and it's a pain to load videos into your cpu. it is astonishing to me that companys put cameras out that are not user friendly to simply put the video you shoot into your cpu.

anyway, if anyone has any recommendations, holler.

cheers
Rick Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2010, 10:26 AM   #2
Major Player

It is as simple as it gets to transfer video file to computer using the supplied software. The software that come with the camera is good for transfer video file but not good for any edits. For edit, you need to buy a software editor.
Bruce Phung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2010, 10:51 AM   #3
Tourist

you're saying for that camera specifically or all cameras?

and yea, im not talking about editing obviously.
Rick Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2010, 11:36 PM   #4
Major Player

As far as I can tell, you should not have any problem transfer video file using the supplied software (Canon HG series cams) Other brands, I don't know how difficult is to transfer video to PC.
Bruce Phung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2010, 08:42 PM   #5
Trustee

Get a flash memory based camera and just transfer the files using a card reader.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion