Advice Needed for a Switcher at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old December 10th, 2010, 02:16 AM   #1
Trustee

Advice Needed for a Switcher

I have not used a switcher but need to purchase one in January to use with 2 EX3's and 1 EX1 for 'news' style programs ranging from 2 person interviews to 5 person round table discussions. I have done some research and the Tricaster TCXD300 is almost perfect for our needs except for the price ($15000) and limited frame rates of 1080/30i or 720/60p. I love the quality of its live keyer (the chepaer SD version has unacceptable keying quality) and its virtual sets.

1) I need to keep the switcher cost under $10,000.
2) Have at least 3 HD-SDI inputs.
3) I don't need an internal recorder as long as the switcher has an HD-SDI output so we can connect a nanoFlash.
4) It will be used 95% of the time in our studio so portability isn't very important.
5) I prefer DVI/VGA connections for hooking up external LCDs rather than small built-in monitors but this isn't necessarily a requirement.
6) The recording format must be compatible with Premiere Pro and After Effects CS5.

Can anyone help and offer some advice?

Are there certain features I should be aware of?

Thanks
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 01:06 AM   #2
Major Player

I too am looking at getting a switcher and have looked at the Tricaster and a Broadcast Pix system. Panasonic has something you maybe interested in.

Learn about Panasonic's AW-HS50N

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion