PMW EX3 stock depleted at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old June 12th, 2011, 03:57 PM   #1
Major Player

PMW EX3 stock depleted

As always, I am following gear and not shooting footage. The earthquake and then my health threw my plans off. I still cruise the forums and online stores waiting for the new release of gear that should have happened just as the quake hit. I have recently noticed the stock of PMW EX3's are gone. B & H, Henry's, Adorama and the amazon bunch (be careful there). I also noticed some oddball shops trying to sell gear at horrible prices. One had a sale on (the new) XLH1 9995.00 U.S. ouch ! ! !

Maybe this is a sign something is nearing, the DSLR rumor mongers are beating their drums, maybe we can start getting our hopes up.
Don Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 03:25 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: PMW EX3 stock depleted

Sony's own new FS100 modular super-35 cam has set the bar, affordability and value-wise, pretty high. It would be hard from now on for Sony or anyone else to come up with 1/2"-2/3" prism cameras to compete in the FS100's price range. Cost-concious users can't help but be attracted to the much lower accessories (lenses, batteries, media storage etc.) costs and more flexibility in the operation in addition to the lower initial investment.
Wacharapong Chiowanich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 05:54 AM   #3
Major Player

I am not quite sure the shoulder mount crowd will warm up to the FS100, although I do not know much about it. In trying my best to find fault all I see is a lack of HDSDI and firewire (which many people scoff at anyway). The minimum LUX is a little higher but still great.

It is a new era in imaging. The quake probably stopped the rolling out of some models, in the end, that time may have changed the minds of designers. I just hope they do not forget about us shoulder mount folks !! It is modular and has a side viewfinder, but I am not sure that it is configured for the shoulder.
Don Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:01 AM   #4
New Boot

im on the same boat, been looking for a new ex-3 for a music video and some other shoots i have coming soon, but no were to be found. im looking at the new sony-fs100 which is looking interesting but i might need to add a couple accessories lenses, base plates etc. to do what i will love to do...
Pedro I. Vazquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2011, 02:10 PM   #5
Sponsor: Omega Broadcast

We just received a shipment of EX3's. Please contact me if you are looking.

abarnwell "at" omegabroadcast.com

Allan Barnwell
Omega Broadcast Group - Professional Video Sales, Rental & Services
Allan Barnwell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion