DVD/CD inkjet printer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old July 18th, 2011, 03:15 AM   #1
Inner Circle

DVD/CD inkjet printer

Could members please give any advice on a sub-£200/$300 inket printer with an emphasis on full colour disk printing (I have a laser printer and a very good inkjet for regular printing).

I have typically quite modest needs - maybe ten a month, with an occasional need to print 30 to 50 DVDs, although I do require good quality as the disks are typically for clients. I use Taiyo Yuden Watershield white full face DVDs.

Thanks in advance of any help.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2011, 04:32 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: DVD/CD inkjet printer

I'm interested in this as well.

For the last 2 years I've been using a £150 Canon MP610 Printer/Scanner/Copier (and it has a DVD printing tray). It has probably printed several 1000 DVD/CDs by now. Quality is very good but not top notch (certainly good enough for most of my corporate clients). The model was susperceded before I'd even bought it (with the MP630 I think) but I opted for the older model. Why?, well according to online reviews at the time, it was much cheaper to refill it's 5 ink bays compared with the smaller capacity yet more expensive cartridges used on the then incoming replacement model. Certainly the cartridges, which costs about £50 for a full set - 1 big black, 1 small black and the 3 colours - seem to last for ages/many, many DVDs! :-)

I'm at that stage where I probably should buy a back-up DVD Printer (even if it only sits in it's box, ready to go, for when my beloved Canon MP610 finally dies) and this is the sort of price I had in mind too.

Thanks from me in advance too for your suggestions!

Last edited by Andy Wilkinson; July 18th, 2011 at 01:07 PM. Reason: adding info & typos!
Andy Wilkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2011, 04:50 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I use an Epson R-200. It's discontinued but there are current models that do the same.

It's not as good as a dedicated replicator/printer that will output on glossy stock. But it works OK.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 05:10 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I've upgraded my old Epson to the newer Epson Artisian 835. Seems to work real well. Much faster than the older models.

Bob
Bob Kreider is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion