Ever read the terms of use for some websites? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old July 26th, 2011, 10:22 AM   #1
Major Player

Ever read the terms of use for some websites?

I got an email form some company called Stage 32 "where I can network" with others in the biz.
You can also upload video to their site.
Never heard of them so I read their terms and it contained this little section:

" You hereby grant to the Company and its Stage 32™ trademark licensor, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license ("Content License") to copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, disseminate, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform, and otherwise use, by any and all means now known or hereinafter invented, all of Your Content that You upload, submit, or otherwise provide to, Stage 32™ and/or Company, including without limitation, via submission to the Website or by any other means ("Licensed Rights")."

I know the other upload sites have similar wording, but I don't remember anything about "sublicenseable and transferable license". To me, most of that section sounds over the top. I really limit what I upload to other video sharing sites because I don't like their terms either. Besides I have my own web site where I can control my content.

Is this a concern for anybody else?
Kevin Spahr is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion