Helping a friend/photographer/crisis relief aid get back on their feet at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old June 28th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Helping a friend/photographer/crisis relief aid get back on their feet

Below is a campaign started by my friend for another one of my friends. At the very least, please help me get this message out there.

Watch now! The Gift of Hope -- Indiegogo

excerpt:
My name is Mark Susan and I created this campaign and video for my friend, Paul Sebring, because after everything he has done to help other people, I feel it's time that someone helped him.

He was my fellow photographer in the studio before the devastating earthquake of 2010 in Haiti. He gave up a successful career to spend a year doing crisis relief work for people he did not know, simply because he felt it was the most human thing to do.

When he arrived back in the US after 15 months--first in Haiti and then Ecuador--he found a person he'd trusted had let him down... and that's putting it lightly. He came back to an abandoned apartment, a missing car, and most of his computer and photography equipment were gone.

Despite the setbacks, Paul knew he needed a nursing degree to continue his work in crisis relief. He has been accepted into the nursing program at Samford University, in Birmingham, AL but because of an unfortunate financial aid situation, coupled with coming back to the US with virtually no money (Paul didn't take a paycheck for a whole year... instead he re-invested any extra funds back into food & supplies for the people he was working with), he is struggling to even get to his first day of school.

He needs approximately $8,000 to get himself to Samford University.

I'm asking for your help.
Brandon Barnard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion