Help needed- How do I get a beachtek repaired? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old November 7th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #1
Tourist

Help needed- How do I get a beachtek repaired?

Hi everyone, I have a BeachTek DXA-SLR Active DSLR Adapter w/Built-in Preamp that has crapped out on me, the audio output jack (1/8 mini) has a very bad short in it. I think it got damaged when I put the camera and the Beachtek in my backpack for a shoot while snowboarding. I think that the jack got stressed and broken in the bag, now it barley works and I have to hold the cable in place and then it cuts out and or is over modulated. I live in the Denver area and have called around and no one wants to help me fix it. I also have searched on-line and the Beachtek site says only warranty claims are repaired and I bought this used. I am tempted to just buy another since they are not that pricey and I have to have it, and a spare is not a bad thing. But either way I am out of luck for shooting anytime soon. What do you guys recommend? Is there a good place to send it too or should I just buy a new one? My business relies on having it so I need to resolve this asap. Thanks, Everett
Everett McEwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #2
Tourist

Re: Help needed- How do I get a beachtek repaired?

Heard from Beachtek offering to replace it for a flat fee of $115 plus shipping, sounds like my best option, anyone use this before? Very nice guy to deal with.
Everett McEwan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion