must recommend consumer camera to client? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old April 5th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #1
Trustee

must recommend consumer camera to client?

I need to recommend a consumer grade camcorder to a client. The main use will be live presentations. Kind of an amateur I-mag. He needs it to hook up to his Mac Book Pro and display the image on the screen. He will be shooting a model of human teeth. He is very non technical. HD is not a priority as most projectors still output 1024 x 780 resolution. Most important is that it plays smoothly. Simplicity is the priority. Hook it up USB or to his fire wire 800 port, open I-movie or whatever I find that can have a full screen monitor window (suggestions?) and go. Switching between PowerPoint and the camera window on screen is not a problem as long as it is easy. This is not a seamless switching type of gig. I am even considering recommending an I-pad. With a VGA adapter and a VGA bang box he could push a button and go. I am going to test my own I-Pad later to see how well it will work. I just thought of that while writing this. I am very well versed in audio visual technical direction and I-mag but I am not current on the consumer end of cameras or I-movie at all. Suggestions will be appreciated.

Steve
Old April 5th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: must recommend consumer camera to client?

I think I just answered my own question. The I-pad is a perfect solution for this. Super easy and it works, no extra software or anything. And they usually output to a projector as soon as you plug in the display adapter.

All I had to do was get my head out of "big show" mode. Anyone know why this would not work? Once I set up the display setting and power options he can plug in and roll.

Steve

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion