Bags / Cases at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old June 19th, 2013, 08:57 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Bags / Cases

Is there any bag or case that will hold my camcorder and dslr? My camcorder is the size of a standard HDV camera eg V1, XHA1 etc

Thanks
Matthew Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2013, 09:09 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Bags / Cases

I took a beloved hard case rolling luggage that I had, and fit in custom foam to hold everything. Lots of pockets for everything, too.
Robert Benda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2013, 10:56 AM   #3
Inner Circle

You might look at the Porter Case. Someone here had a link but I can't find it at the moment.
I use a Pelican iM2650 for my JVC HM700 and all of my accessories. I can pull the camera out of the case and start shooting. Batteries, light with batteries, all my audio, cards, small roll of gaff tape, headphones, it's all there. A bit unwieldly loading in my car but a pleasure to wheel around thru hotel lobby's and downtown Chicago streets. The Porter was an option except for the size. For my gear it was a bit small but it might work for you.
Old June 19th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #4
Inner Circle

There are a couple of requirements to consider:

1) Do you want the bag/case to be small enough to carry-on for air travel? Should it fit under the seat?

2) Do you want the bag to be a backpack so you can do solo shooting without having to set it down and risk theft.

There are some camera backpacks that might work for this. I have the LowePro Fastpack 250, which holds a DSLR, lenses, stores a laptop near your back, and has a general, unpadded area on top. It fits under an airline seat - barely. They also have the ProRunner that is padded top to bottom. By structuring the velcro'd dividers, one could handle multiple bodies, though fewer/smaller lenses.

Fastpack 250 Camera bags, backpacks and rolling cases
Pro Runner 350 AW Camera bags, backpacks and rolling cases

When I first started DSLR shooting, I used a small Pelican case and quickly learned that it was insecure to set it down and turn my attention to framing video. Carrying a nondescript black backpack is ideal.

But if you have more gear and even a two man crew, Pelican is a nice way to go - especially a case with a handle and wheels. It's perfect for throwing into a trunk or van.

Personally, I like having both the hard case and backpack options. :)
Old July 25th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #5
Major Player

Pelican and Nanuck make protective cases which are nice cause they protect you camera gear more than soft padded cases.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion