Sony Power. It looks like a cell phone charger? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 8th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony Power. It looks like a cell phone charger?

I was on a 3 day shoot a couple of weeks ago . One of the shooters on site was shooting with a Sony EX1 and his power supply went out before showtime on the first day. So i loaned him my batteries and he had some as well. We were shooting 8 hours a day. Any way I shoot with a EX1R so he got lucky.

I have always wondered what would happen when 'm on the road and have a power failure. I'm often by myself.

Anyway this prompted me to get a backup power supply. I found a few on ebay and decided to go with this one.
AC Adapter Charger for Sony EX3 EX1 PMW EX3 XDCAM EX Camcorder Power Supply Cord | eBay

I got it today and tried it out and it works perfectly. So from now on this will be in my bag as a backup.
It's also a good thing that it is small. made me wonder if it would do the job , but it is a switching power supply.

I wanted to post some pics but they are jacking around with my post so I couldn't.
Al Gardner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion