Help! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old October 8th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Help!

I still cannot decide whether to buy Canon and Canon glass or the BMPCC and M43 glass. Will Canon's response to the BMPCC maybe the 7d mkii be the ultimate video shooter? I just can't make a decision...
Thanks
Matthew Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2013, 04:56 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Help!

Can't help thinking that s35 has more future than 4/3 for video cameras..... more lenses seem to be around for it, and it's got more support cross manufacturers - and now even the latest BM 4K camera is going the s35 route, isn't it? So if you're going to be building up a set of lenses, s35 may offer more choice in future, from less expensive even up to cameras at the top of the tree.
David Heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #3
Major Player

I think budget, and usage will be the deciding factor...
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2013, 07:27 PM   #4
Tourist

Hey Matthew,

I believe that if you go through the Canon route you might have more flexibility in the future. Specially regarding lenses. If you build a nice set you can keep and later move to a different body and/or have several bodies depending on your needs. Of course a BMCC is a cool choice regarding the price and very small size, but with a, let's say 5dM3 you can also make amazing stills, use flashes, etc. It's important to know what are you planning to use the camera for, to give you more accurate opinions.

Pablo Aura | Director/Filmmaker
Pablo Aura is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion