Good Cameras for £1500 (new/preowned) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old January 17th, 2014, 04:13 PM   #1
Major Player

Good Cameras for £1500 (new/preowned)

Hi guys, I know these questions come up alot so I'll apologize now.

But I'm trying to find a couple of Cameras that are roughly £1500 each that are similar to the style of the Sony Z1 but SD card based and are decent in low light.

I already own a Canon DSLR but I don't prefer to use it for live events that I do, so I don't want any other DSLRs. I'm currently considering the Panasonic AC90, but I'm open to other suggestions if anyone has nay.

thanks
Matt Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2014, 11:05 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Good Cameras for £1500 (new/preowned)

Both Sony and JVC had cameras at just a little more .

The Sony XDCAM PMW100 sells for a little over £2K , but used/ex demo ones might come close to your stated price - these are meant to use the prohibitively expensive SxS cards , but can use SD cards with an inexpensive adaptor - this is what most people , including the BBC , do .

JVC replaced the GY HM100 with the GYHM150 - these were entry level HD camcorders using SD cards and producing native QuickTime files for compatibility with Final Cut Pro . Again they sold for a little over £2K , so a used HM100 might fall within budget if you can find one ?

These are semi pro camcorders , there are high end consumer camcorders from the likes of Sony , Canon or Panasonic within the same price range . For myself , I'd look for a used or discounted pro model .
Derek Heeps is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion