DVD duplicator tower - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old April 8th, 2014, 12:08 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: DVD duplicator tower

I used imgburn to calculate the possible layer breaks to choose out. Only 2 average options.

1 @ 1:55:12sec -> I checked it and yes indeed, here is the layer break -> about 1sec of freezing video during action. But after that It plays further.

2@ 1:57:21 -> This one will be better because it starts with a new chapter. You wont "notice" the layer break.

I think because the disc is so full (4hours on dual layer!) I only get those 2 options. Is that right?
Tom Van den Berghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2014, 11:44 PM   #17
Trustee

Hi Tom,

I generally use ImageBurn to make the image. You can set a layer break anywhere that you have a chapter point. So if you want an additional point where you can create a layer break just set a new chapter point there when you are authoring your DVD.

One of the options in Imageburn when creating a dual layer image is to set a Seemless layer break. Selecting that will usually get rid of any annoying pauses.
Old April 9th, 2014, 02:50 AM   #18
Trustee

I have an Acard 1-7 DVD Duplicator and cant fault it at all.
Could have it 6/7 years.

This is a newer version.
http://www.rivieramultimedia.co.uk/P...318&PGFLngID=1
Anthony McErlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2014, 02:54 AM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
Mine can be connected to my pc so you can copy the image directly between pc and duplicator.
That's a better option Noa, mine can't do that.
Old April 9th, 2014, 03:45 AM   #20
Inner Circle

I have got a CopyBox 3 "PC connected" which can either load the images directly from my pc harddrive onto it's own build in HD or copy directly from a dvd and also to the build in HD if needed, I find it easy to use like that as I can first directly transfer between pc and duplicator and leave the image on the duplicators HD, in that way I can quickly make additional dvd's if I get a new request. Not that this is a hugh timesaver, it's just a bit more convenient. The duplicator fan's make a lot of noise which can get on my nerves when I have to make many dvd's.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2014, 06:30 AM   #21
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
I have got a CopyBox 3 "PC connected" which can either load the images directly from my pc harddrive onto it's own build in HD or copy directly from a dvd and also to the build in HD if needed, I find it easy to use like that as I can first directly transfer between pc and duplicator and leave the image on the duplicators HD, in that way I can quickly make additional dvd's if I get a new request. Not that this is a hugh timesaver, it's just a bit more convenient. The duplicator fan's make a lot of noise which can get on my nerves when I have to make many dvd's.
I would imagine copying from a file is more reliable than copying on the fly, saying that, I have mine set to read slow and burn slow and it works for me.
Old April 16th, 2014, 11:08 AM   #22
Major Player

i have my acard duplicator ARS-2033. I got the read source disc error. This happened when switching the layer break I think. I use verbatim discs.

Yesterday went fine but I changed the layer break with imgburn. That changed layer break dvd was now my source dvd. it played fine on my dvd player with the new layer break...

It seems the dvd's play fine on my pc that were inside the duplicator?
Old April 17th, 2014, 12:12 PM   #23
Major Player

I did a prescan on the "failed" master disc. After a few seconds it says prescan ok.
I think this not good because I tested the good master disc from the day before and that prescan taked several minutes or longer and then it said prescan ok.

So if prescan doesn(t work the master disc is bad? It played fine on my dvd player before copying.
Old April 24th, 2014, 08:59 AM   #24
Major Player

How you making out duplicating those dual layer discs Tom?
Bruce Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2014, 01:54 PM   #25
Major Player

bruce,

it worked great. with my new sata acard 1-5 duplicator i had after 25 minutes my discs copied
with the older one (second hand) it took about 50 minutes! no sata interface

this is a dual layer that contains 4 hours of movie!

sometimes 1 or 2 discs were not ejected but the duplicator starts automaticaly again to duplicate those failed ones. 2nd time it always worked so no discs were lost.

But 90% of the 80 discs duplicated good from the first time
Tom Van den Berghe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion