Sony rx10 screen on back not very scratch resistant? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old July 20th, 2014, 11:36 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Sony rx10 screen on back not very scratch resistant?

I have 2 small scratches in the lcd screen on my rx10, you don't notice these while shooting but they are clearly there, I never had scratches on my canon 550d screen and also not on my gh3 which I already use for quite a while. Has any other user noticed that the screen is a bit scratch sensitive?
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 08:07 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Sony rx10 screen on back not very scratch resistant?

i stay pretty careful with any screen just in case it's scratch happy. ya know what actually works well if you don't like screen protectors? just using the sticky frame from a viewfinder/loupe, that little lip it creates prevents stuff from running across to scratch the screen.
Old July 21st, 2014, 01:27 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I wish the screen could turn inwards so it would be facing the camerabody when not in use like on my gh3 but that sticky frame could help a bit, that lcd screen is not one of my favourite ones to use as it's quite limited in angles, Sony should have made one like the gh3 has, but I only use it to check up on camera settings and use the excellent viewfinder for critical focus checks. just have to be even more careful I guess.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 01:47 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Yep, one of the few features from the Panasonic bridge camera design I'd like to see is that flippable screen - Sony had it on Alphas, so it's not a foreign concept!

Probably the best option is to put a protective glass shield on the thing, Sony LCDs are not the best when it comes to scratch resistance.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion