Mobile Phone Footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old September 17th, 2014, 01:05 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Mobile Phone Footage

My daughter shot some mobile phone footage recently & sent it to me via dropbox which came through with out any problems except that when I view the file on my PC it`s upside down, however, when I view the file within the dropbox folder it`s the correct way up! She put it on her facebook page & again it`s the correct way up! Odd! I know I can re-orientate when I include the footage in my grandsons video but can`t understand what`s happening, any ideas?
Barry Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2014, 01:58 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Mobile Phone Footage

I gather it's because of the layout of the controls on some mobile phones makes it more instinctive to hold the phone upside down. However, the phone itself automatically corrects this when being it's viewed on the phone. I assume the Facebook may have also been corrected this way when being feed from the phone rather than as a PC file.
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion