atomas ninja2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old June 20th, 2017, 03:21 AM   #1
Major Player

atomas ninja2

Hope someone may be able to help, Bought a ninja2 on ebay a week ago the updated the firmware all went well, now on the timecode page in Camera trigger all I get now is None/timecode or HDMI, no camera makes Sony, Canon ect , on play back of a clip it will play right through when accessed but when you try and play it again the play bar goes to around 75% of each clip ( at the moment iam using a Hitachi 750gb spinning disk) and Iam filming a nest site and the ninja is recording 1 long clip instead of 4gb clips like it said it should have tried contacting Atomos vi email but no REPLY!!!! can anyone shine some light on this please
Old June 20th, 2017, 06:17 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: atomas ninja2

I have a ninja 1. Have you tried either reinstalling the firmware or going back to a previous firmware? That is maybe where I would start. Also make sure to format the hard drive in the ninja. Atomos support for their older products is pretty scarce from what I have seen. Good luck.
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2017, 06:27 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: atomas ninja2

Hi David

Yes I have reinstalled the firmware and as for going back to a previous firmware I cannot find any, yes also have formatted the hard drive in the ninja, it came with version 4.11 and did have the option in camera trigger for various camera makes but that has gone in the latest firmware, Atomos support is poor seems to take them days to reply not much good when you are wanting to solve the problems

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion