Where Do I Get These Graphics? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old October 20th, 2017, 12:56 PM   #1
Major Player

Where Do I Get These Graphics?

In this video below, the creator posts a few graphics in this video I'd love to emulate

He uses a clock that rotates at the :11 mark, lines that go out from a word at :19 and at :52, he uses a few different graphics right in a row. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Brock Burwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2017, 06:33 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Where Do I Get These Graphics?

I had something like that designed by a person at https://www.fiverr.com/. You can see my whole animation here, How to prepare for your wedding photos; Have a spa day! Hire a professional stylist and makeup artist. | Drop to Design Studios Photography and Videography

The price to have it done was very reasonable.
Old October 21st, 2017, 04:46 AM   #3
Inner Circle

To folk gifted with After Effects tricks, these are not hard to do, but just time consuming to set up for a one off, that you might not ever need to do again. If you google after effects animated clock, there are loads out there, and with a few tweaks, you simply use the sequence and layers and replace the components with whatever you prefer - so hands, bezel and other features you design, insert and then use the animation parameters to move them.

When you see how simple they can be you kick yourself for paying for them, but that's exactly why we pay - because we can't think of, or work out how to do. Making a hand rotate, for instance. You could do this in Premiere and photoshop. You produce the design in photoshop with the minute markers, then do the hands on separate layers. Then you simply rotate around the central axis in premiere, the layer for the minutes, and then the hours at a slower rotation using key frames. Once you have the graphic working as an animation, you plonk it on a timeline. I guess that clock might be what? Half an hours work if you are quick. Any graphic can be brought into any decent editor, and then animated by moving it left/right/up/down/bigger/smaller and then rotating it around a point. The video you use as an example just has loads of layers for each element in the finished picture.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2017, 08:29 AM   #4
Major Player

Agree with others, AE. Honestly, Stevens right, you could easily put 8 hours in to getting it done, especially if you're new to After Effects. Or, gig it out.

Think of it this way, if you spend 8 hours on it, consider how much your time is worth & factor that in to what you're freelancing it out for (An advanced user can likely do these within 1-2 hours easy). Only problem is as you 'explain it' to someone, they may not create it exactly to how you hoped, the whole whisper down the lane theory. Although on the flip side it'd be a good skill set to learn, and use more often in the future. So there's that.
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2017, 09:39 AM   #5
Trustee

Brock, you’re on FCPX, right? Apple Motion is very cheap and can do all of this stuff if you want to go the animation route. If you’re more into still design work, sometimes I’ve found it easier to create the “states” of the animation and stack the layers right inside FCPX, using transitions and masks to “animate” the layers. I find this especially quick and effective with simple line art and text. Lots of ways to do it, including buying text animation preset packs. Most of those are under $50, so if there’s even one preset that you like, it’s not a terrible deal compared with the time required to make something yourself. Still, experience in After Effects or Motion can be worth your time in itself. Keep posting these questions! I work for a college and it’s always great to keep the creative juices flowing.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 07:36 AM   #6
Major Player

Thanks everyone! This is all good info.

Currently I know nothing about After Effects, but I'm about to start taking a few classes to try to learn. It's definitely a skill worth knowing
Brock Burwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2017, 02:02 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Check out the Video Hive on the Envato Marketplace. There are plenty of templates available for what you are looking for, all for pretty cheap. Most come with easy instructions to customize it. And as you learn more on AE, you'll be able to customize things even further. Sometimes it takes a while to figure out what to search for to get exactly what you are after, but once you find it, the results are pretty great.
Andy Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion