Art call scams at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old November 11th, 2019, 05:20 AM   #1
New Boot

Art call scams

Hello all,

I responded to art calls with my work starting in 2016 with a screening at a gallery in Sheffield. I then used the art call sites, the largest one being: https://www.wooloo.org/

One call I responded to accepted my work straightaway, I thought 'ello 'ello wots all dis den. Mr (filthy) Luca Curci, wanted 200 Euros to screen my stuff!!!

Searches led me to: BadArtBad: Luca Curci and the ArtExpo Scam he's been scamming since 2007 and is still at it.

After that I would pay $10 to some calls if they seemed genuine otherwise only free entry ones. Of course loads of people have jumped on the wagon and they rely entirely on those idiots with more money than sense who want something on their CV's and who are only too pleased to pay vanity money.

Cheers and beware - J
J.M. Read is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion