Any Blackmagic Switcher Experts? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old April 21st, 2021, 10:56 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Any Blackmagic Switcher Experts?

I have a Mini Pro and can control it with the USB cable and over the network from PCs and Macs - the Mini Pro uses 192.168.10.240 as it's IP address and it works fine.
I have an elderly Television Studio - the one with blank front panel, no screen or buttons that I used a few years back and want to use it on a project - but plugged it into the PC and no luck. The switcher software could not find it either via the network or the USB.

The Mac didn't;t find it at first, but I downloaded a newer version of the software (odd, as it's an older device) and then USB setup did find it. I changed the IP to 192.168.10.230. Control would not find it though. Back to the PC and now the Mini appears in the list and so does the Television Studio, but clicking on the Min - brings up the switcher and I can control the device, but clicking on the Television studio will not connect - device not found is the response.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong. All my Google searches take me to thing that are not relevant - they warn that the computer IP needs to be in the same range - but as the Mini works on it's IP, I cannot see why the TV studio doesn't. I'll take my MacBook to the office tomorrow as it has the very latest software on it - maybe that will be different?

If anyone has any suggestions I can try - no matter even if wild guesses - I'll try them.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion