Misc. Open DV from 2003 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old September 9th, 2003, 02:46 PM   #16
Major Player

Lowepro dryzone 200 pack

http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/dryzone/dzone.htm

I just happened to be in a location which is a temporal rainforest that gets 200+ inches per year, and I was really worried. Luckily, it didn't rain a drop the whole time I was on the island.

I received this item for x-mas last year, and have probably zipped it and unzipped it maybe 200 times.

I'll be contacting Lowe in the next few days to see if the item is under warranty(I'm almost positive it is).

The whole point of posting this message is to make sure the next time you go out.....check your gear!!!!

I didn't even think about it when I left, I knew everything was in that bag besides fresh batteries and fresh tapes. I noticed the zipper malfunction when I first took off the pack to setup.

Rain could have cost me a trip to Canon repair, up to a new camera.
Old September 12th, 2003, 07:11 PM   #17
Go Cycle

SECRETS OF THE JVC GY DV5000-Grain/Dark areas

Some individuals are noticing grain in the dark areas of the picture. Special event videographers are also noticing some grain in the tuxedo's of their clients.

To correct this situation.

Enter the menu.

Click Camera process.

Increase the Master Black to +3.

That should do the trick.

Standby for a future tip on how to get a "SONY LOOK" from the JVC GY DV5000.

Lou Bruno
Old September 13th, 2003, 09:14 PM   #18
Regular Crew

September 13-16th FUJI DVC 60's $3.00

Hey Folks... FYI... if you have a "BJ's Warehouse" (like Sams Clubs) in your area and can get hold of the coupon book they are running a GREAT offer right now. A $10.00 off coupon for the 6 pack on Fuji DVC 60's. The regular price of the 6 pack here in Raleigh, NC is $27.99 so that brings it down to $17.99 or $3.00 a tape! Best deal I've found so far. Otherwise use the forums sponsors. They are GREAT folks!

Also FYI... I spoke with a Fuji rep about the stock that goes to BJ's. She said it is EXACTLY the same as what we buy from a pro tape supplier. But I like the window better on the tapes from BJ's. They have a large horizontal window across both reels. The others I have bought only had a skinny vertical window over one side. Too dark to see anything. Anyway... best of luck and stock up!
Roze Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2003, 06:39 PM   #19
Go Cycle

Secrets Of The Jvc Gy Dv5000-sony-look

SONY- LOOK WITH THE JVC GYDV5000

MASTER Black Level +3

Detail +1

Knee 80%

SKIN Detail ON

Color Matrix WARM*

Gamma -1

All of the above are located in the CAMERA PROCESS and ADVANCED CAMERA PROCESS menu.

*You can also use a 1/2 WARM card OR a Tiffen WARM filter (812) but you have to white balance then place the filter on the lens. NEVER WB with the filter set to ON.

By crushing your blacks too much with the compress switch it affects the overall picture. The -1 or even -2 GAMMA does the job slightly and increases color saturation. The WARM setting introduces a somewhat SONY red. ALSO-if you use a better lens such as a 19X Canon or 20X Fujinon, you will see a closer SONY-TYPE look.
Old October 5th, 2003, 03:46 PM   #20
New Boot

Cleaning the VX2000 lens

How hard is it to clean inside the lens? There are some dust particles in there that are right in the center of the lens. Is it something a camera repair shop can clean?
Miles Loretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2003, 07:42 PM   #21
Major Player

Harley Davidson Modified Frame grabs from my XM2(GL2)

Hi, I´ve uploaded a few "modified" frame grabs from a video I shot a few months ago on a Harley Davidson anniversary meeting here In Barcelona.

Here´s the link for the "enhanced" version:
FJIDIB.TK

If you want to see the Original Frame grabs directly from the XM2 go here...
Original unmodified grabs
(These ones are JPG compressed at 50% for space reasons.. so the Real Originals actually look better. But no other modification was made to these).

Please keep in mind this is just an alfa test site.. Just to check out my new server speed and stuff like that..
Old October 13th, 2003, 02:50 PM   #22
Tourist

XV-T600 and XV-C700 manuals

Can some one please help .We were given a Sony picture computerXV-T600 and a SonyXv-C700 video multi color corrector but with no manules .Can any one help with the manuals ?
Old October 21st, 2003, 04:44 AM   #23
Contributor

HDV vs HD-DV

Ciao,

when the dv format was introduced was predisposed also for the high definition.
Someone knows the parameters of the format hd-dv?

Francesco
Francesco Marano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2003, 07:47 AM   #24
Major Player

Digital Media DC Conference

Who is going, I am. Its kind of $$ but i'm a student so it wont be as bad. Hope to see lots of peopel there from the indrustry. http://www.digitalmediadc.com/
Mike Zorger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2003, 01:30 PM   #25
Tourist

Sony DCR PC120 - PC editing problems

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I know it's rather bad form to dive in with a request for help, but to be quite honest, I'm at the end of my tether! So, albeit rather humbly, perhaps someone can assist and thanks in advance if you can. I also apologise if this is the wrong forum, I have to admit the choice frazzled my brain and this one seemed the nearest.

I can't get my Sony PC-120 digital camcorder to be recognised by any video editing software. Using firewire link, I switch on the camcorder into playback mode and hey presto, winXP recognises it fine (as "Digital Video Device") and asks me which program I wish to use to work with.

The default is Moviemaker II and I also have a copy of Adobe Premier. As soon as I try to get the camcorder to communicate with either of these programs, they just hang. The egg-timer is on and sits there for several minutes, after which I am told the program is not responding and to close it.

So, XP knows my camcorder is there, so the firewire/XP process works. It's just the software that won't work. The fact both react in the same way suggests this is not a specific MM2 or Adobe issue? It's as if my camcorder is alien to both sets of software.

However, I did get MovieMaker to work once by pure luck, and only once. I cannot remember how exactly, but all I know is that it was in timeout mode, I went down to watch TV (in a rage of frustration!), came back up 4 hours later and it seemed to have synched in. But ever since, even if I leave it for hours, the software has simply timed out. The fact it worked momentarily though, kind of fuzzes the issue a little.

I have searched the web for forums and websites that might discuss this, but found little or nothing. The one place was some place called "papa johns" but this is now offline (404 error) and last time I browsed it, the issue didn't seem to be noted there anyway. I have a gut feeling it's likely to be something simple and obvious, it often is.

Cheers in advance for anyone who has a clue and once again, apologies for such a 'begging' beginning to my time on these forums. Hopefully I can reciprocate any help in time, I will certainly endeavour to do so.

Regards.
Keith Laurent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2003, 05:01 AM   #26
Major Player

Wicam C

Hello ,
Does somebody have any experience with wireless radio transmittors, digital radio camera systems? Do you know of any American publications in American magazine's on similair systems or on the one below?
It is made by BBC Wiscape.

WiCam™-C

WiScape's newest product, the WiCam-C, is designed to meet the needs of SNG and ENG newsgathering teams. The lightweight, clip-on unit provides from-the-battleline footage with the highest quality digital wireless connectivity. WiCam-C also introduces an easy-to-use built in configuration interface making on-the-fly changes simpler and fast enough to outmanoeuvre your competitors.

director/cameraman

http://www.slingerlandproductions.nl
David Slingerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2003, 02:03 PM   #27
Major Player

Incredible SONY PRO GEAR resource

I found this

http://www.sonylfs.com/index/interfac.htm

whilst looking for a cable from 26 pin CCZ to RGB plus Y/C cable splitter. If you know where to get one please tell

Beware ***PLUGGER-BYTES***
John Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2003, 10:26 AM   #28
Trustee

Article on Digital Films

"After years of Hollywood hype, 2004 could truly be a watershed year for digital cinema..."

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=4049134
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion