Screen Burn at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old February 6th, 2006, 04:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Screen Burn

I'm not sure where to post this, so I've stuck it in open discussion.

I'm having some trouble dealing with screen burn on a project. I'm attemptng to place a video over a screen that I have filmed using after effects and the tracking controls. It begins working ok, but after a few minutes of work I get a blue screen of death, my computer shuts down and I'm forced to try again.

Time is a factor, so I'd like to know if I can (rather than fixing this) use a different program.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Mike Toledano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 02:02 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Does anyone know of any good tracker plugins for after effects, or how to use the tracker for this type of effect in Combustion?
Mike Toledano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 02:19 PM   #3
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

in combustion you can use the 4 corner pinning & tracking on the 4 corners of a object ( say TV screen in clip #1 ) then apply that data to the image ( 2nd clip/graphic- it will size it and move it to fit in TV screen ) you want to put in TV screen in clip 1 ... i believe you can also export the tracking data to AE ...

do you know how to use combustion ?
Don Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 11:45 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Yeah, I've got a basic understanding of combustion. Actually, the effect doesn't even cause my computer to crash when I do it in combustion.

Thanks for the advice.
Mike Toledano is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion