Samsung DV camera not recording... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old March 21st, 2006, 04:52 PM   #1
New Boot

Samsung DV camera not recording...

I just bought this camera off some guy on craigslist for $65. He said it didn't record but still played back. I took my laptop and tested it out ( I just wanted to have a camera to upload my footage and ease up my VX-2000) and it worked. I noticed that the signal was coming in when switched to record but it said "Protected" on the screen. I went home, dowloaded the manual and searched for this and found that the warning should only flash when the tape inserted has the tab switched over to proceted, as to not tape over it. I chked this with many other tapes, making sure that the tab was not on but regardless, the warning would show up. Is there a way to fix this? I tried to look for a Samsung thread here but couldn't find it. Just wondering if there is any chance I can get this camera to work properly. Thanks!
Roque Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 06:24 PM   #2
Warden

There is a sensor that detects of the tab is moved to prevent erasure. The sensor could be bad. I'm not sure of a source for the sensors and you would probably need a schematic to affect the repair.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2006, 10:32 AM   #3
Trustee

just for drill, take a look inside the open tape door, and see if you can find the tape protect switch... see if anything looks out of place with it, i.e., it's sticking in the protect position.
Dan Euritt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion