Freelance Gear at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old March 30th, 2006, 09:09 AM   #1
New Boot

Freelance Gear

Up to this point i have been able to acomplish all my video needs using the top notch gear that the company I work for has. I am now looking to take on more outside work and need to get a new comp and a camera. I wanted some input on comp specs and camera models that I am should be looking for/at. I can really replicate what i have at work as its all top of the line gear $$$. My budget is reasonable because i dont want to cheap out on gear that i'll ourgrow in a year. Any input is apreciatted....thanks.
Shaun Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 06:38 AM   #2
New Boot

No ideas or suggestions?
Shaun Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 06:50 AM   #3
Wrangler

Welcome to DVinfo Shaun. One reason that you probably didn't get a response is that you put this question in the "helping hands" forum which is the place to list job openings. I've moved your thread to "Open DV" which should give it more exposure.

But beyond that, you're asking such a general question that it's a little hard to address. You need to tell us a lot more about what you're trying to do and some ballpark idea of budgets. Do you want some sort of high definition ability? Do you want to work on a Mac or a PC? Do you have a preference for any particular brands (Sony, Panasonic, JVC, Canon, etc)?

Maybe a good starting point would be telling us what you used at your company and what you did and didn't like about it?
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion