Good first mic? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old February 9th, 2003, 12:22 PM   #1
Major Player

Good first mic?

Ok, so I have had my Panasonic pv-dv852 for about a month now and I've already shot a 2 minute short that turned out great. I am wondering what would be a good mic to invest in for my first external mic. I am more concerned with capturing dialogue and possibly setting up a ghetto boom to use in an upcoming short where there much more talking. Price is a big concern, I really can't afford spending 150+ on this thing, my camcorder and filters and wide angle lense already broke my bank! Thanks everyone!
Bryan Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2003, 12:06 AM   #2
Wrangler

Hey!
Give us your exact budget and we will give you some ideas.
You can find a used Sennheiser MKE300 shotgun mic for $120ish, and it will plug into your mic jack, so you don't need XLR inputs.
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2003, 07:12 AM   #3
Major Player

Hey Dylan,
That sounds like a nice price, that's about what I was looking at. I'll check out the for sale forum and ebay and see what I can find. Are mics pretty reliable used?
Bryan Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2003, 12:16 PM   #4
Wrangler

I really don't know how reliable used mics are. As with anything used, there are a whole lot of factors that can be taken into consideration to judge it's reliability.

Maybe some of the audio tech oriented guys can give some advice about used mics?
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion