New Member needs help... finding green screen... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old May 30th, 2006, 11:29 AM   #1
Tourist

New Member needs help... finding green screen...

...Test footage. Let me try to explain.

My name is Chad Einbinder, I've just shot some spec work and I've run into a problem.

I have some 2D animation slugged into the spot that appears on a TV. I need to replace it as it is not mine. Since it has been next to impossible to find a 2D animator to do the work on spec, I hope to eventually shoot a live actor and turn their image/likeness into 2D. I am working with a friend, a graphic artist friend of mine who is willing to replace the current 2D animation that I have slugged in to the spot with some new animation that he thinks he is confident he can create from live action green screen footage of an actor that he will then process and turn into 2D.

Much like the Ask Chuck! Charles Schwab commercials and the Scanners Darkly movie that's coming out. Only he will do a much simpler version.

This way I can have the animation appear in my spec spot for my demo reel.

But before I go out and shoot an actress that I have in mind, my graphics buddy wants me to get some pre-keyed green screen test footage so he can perfect his work flow process and confirm that he can achieve the look and feel that is right for the spot.

I have searched high and low and can not find a simple close-up that he needs to test with. Here's what I'm looking for.

7 to 10 seconds, (more or less,) of a close up, pre-keyed, of an actor or actress in front of green screen. Basically a talking head shot, (or just an actor simply looking into camera,) shoulders up or there about.

It would be used for testing purposes only. Not for air, reproduction, broadcast, etc.

Is that something that anyone might be able or willing to help me procure? Any help or tips on getting this test footage would be greatly appreciated. I have done some google searches but even the stock footage companies I've emailed have not responded. No worries and much appologies if this is out of bounds thought I'd post and see if I get lucky.

Thanks in advance,

Chad.

chade@mac.com

Last edited by Chad Einbinder; May 30th, 2006 at 06:27 PM.
Chad Einbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2006, 09:17 PM   #2
Major Player

if you download the demo of Serious Magic it comes with a few simple green screen clips
Old May 30th, 2006, 11:03 PM   #3
Tourist

Thanks!

Michael,

Your tip was right on the money, man. I found exactly what I needed for testing purposes. Thanks much for taking the time to reply. I owe you one!
Chad Einbinder is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion