35mm adapter worth it? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old June 7th, 2006, 10:26 PM   #1
Regular Crew

35mm adapter worth it?

Hey guys, a couple questions...

1) I was wondering if it financially makes sense to get a 35mm adapter. I'd probably wait until something like the G35 is out, but I'm wondering about the cost of primes. I've seen a good set of primes go for like $850/day, is that about right or are those probably just insane ones? Because, well, I don't know much, but $850/day is just not doable, haha.

I'm a film student and own an XL2 and am getting tired of having to go full zoom to get the DOF I want, especially since lately I've been doing more risky shots than my old smooth dolly shots. Doing some freehand and whatnot, in which case having to stand 30 feet from the scene just doesn't work too well.

2) Does anyone know the status of the Cinemek Guerilla 35 (G35) adapter? It was supposedly all awesome yet still inexpensive, and now haven't heard anything about it in a while.
Daniel Hollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2006, 04:07 PM   #2
Regular Crew

The Redrock M2 was praised even more than the P+S Technik by Taylor Wigton of 24 (see article at: http://www.showreel.org/memberarea/article.php?172 ). Plus, it allows you to use both 35mm cinema lenses and 35mm still lenses. For $850, you could own a pretty nice set of used Nikon primes. They also have a follow focus out now that works with still lenses.
Colton Davie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion