Preview from pinnacle to monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 20th, 2006, 04:22 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Preview from pinnacle to monitor

I'm using Pinnacle Studio 10.5. Is there a way to connect my camcorder to computer then to my Sony tv and view the preview window on tv , i think i heard of it before using the camcoreder as as pass through . Please advise
Mike
Michael J. Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2006, 10:39 AM   #2
Major Player

Connect the monitor to the camera via either th S-video or Composite jacks. The monitor will see everything that passes through the camera. Be aware that there may be a minor lag between the computer screen and the monitor creating the impression of loss of voice sync. Either watch the computer monitor and listen to the computer audio OR watch the NTSC monitor and listen to the TV speakers - not both.
Mike Cavanaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 03:50 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks

thank you for the response. Do I have the camcorder in the record mode or play back ? Stand by or take out the tape. i assume i connect the camcorder to PC by way of 1394. thanks again
Mike
Michael J. Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 12:40 PM   #4
Regular Crew

The camera should be in VCR or Deck mode or, my Sony calls it VTR (whatever is not camera mode).

Duane
Duane Burleson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 09:52 AM   #5
Major Player

do all camcorders allow this "pass through" function? I have an old sony trv-310 with both s-video and firewire connections.

I hook the camera up to the computer via firewire and I can see the video from the editing program displayed on the camera lcd when I first turn everything on.

but when I hook up the s-video cable from the camera to the external monitor, the camera monitor goes solid blue and the video from the computer doesn't pass thru.

and after that, I only see blue on the cam monitor.

but if I play a video on the camera, I can see it on the external monitor. (?)

I'm thinking the camera thinks the s-video is an input signal too and gives it priority over the firewire?

thank for helping
Robert Bobson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion