DVCreators Free Seminar (one man's opinion) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old March 4th, 2003, 11:19 AM   #1
Regular Crew

DVCreators Free Seminar (one man's opinion)

Yesterday afternoon (March 3), I attended the free DV Revolution seminar put on by DVCreators. It lasts about 2.5 hours. If you’re somewhat new to digital video (as I am) or if you want to see a demo of Pinnacle Edition, I highly recommend you attend.

Although the seminar included marketing presentations for Canon, DVCreators, and Pinnacle, it didn’t seem at all like one big sales pitch. It was more like “This is the equipment we have chosen and here’s why.”

They started with a discussion of the GL2 and XL1S then gave a demonstration of camera options, filters, and lighting. They used the footage captured during that demonstration to demo Pinnacle Edition. The Edition demo was done on a Gateway laptop (2.66GHz, I don’t know the RAM.) and was smooth and as thorough as you can be in an hour and a half. Last week, I was all set to get a G4 and Final Cut Pro. Now, I’m rethinking that decision.

Overall, the seminar was well worth the time spent.
Old March 4th, 2003, 11:35 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I'm going to go to the seminar next week, and am very excited!!.

Do they give you a copy (dvd-r, cd-r) of the final project?
Did you get any free goodies?
Jed Williamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2003, 11:58 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I think attending seminars and "try before you buy" is absolutely the best way to go. Look for them in your neighborhood. I attended several, and it was the one hosted by DVLine that convinced me to go Avid XpressDV. (I was all set for a MatroxPremiere combo, which they also demo'd) Yes, I also got my hands on FCP at a friends studio.

The point is - read the mags, troll the forums - then go out and kick some tires. No substitute.

Bill
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2003, 12:32 PM   #4
Regular Crew

No, we didn't get a copy of the final project. I don't think anyone wanted it. (I was in it and I didn't want it.)

The free stuff was just marketing brochures, demo CDs, and an offer to get $5 off DVCreators "Shooting Awesome DV" CD.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion