Live Video idents? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old September 28th, 2006, 03:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Live Video idents?

hey everyone i work as a VJ and at this moment in time i working in a club which has a night that is in the style of Big brother. (im sure everyone knows of the show but if you dont just say)

and we have 5 camera running through 2 video mixers which go to all of the plasma's and projectors in the club, and what im wondering is. how can i use live idents like you see on tv for the news and such. is there some software? how is it run? do you need any specific hardware? is it all timed? all help would be appreciated. thanks.

Liam
Old September 28th, 2006, 05:33 PM   #2
Major Player

You could use a scan converter and a computer using PowerPoint. If I correctly understand what you're trying to do, of course.
Chris Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2006, 05:43 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harris
You could use a scan converter and a computer using PowerPoint. If I correctly understand what you're trying to do, of course.
well what im trying to do is. say someone goes into the diary room, i'd like to be able to flash that upon the screen. do you know what i mean?
Old September 28th, 2006, 05:50 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Carlin
well what im trying to do is. say someone goes into the diary room, i'd like to be able to flash that upon the screen. do you know what i mean?
If someone goes into the diary room, can't you just use the mixer to cut to that camera? Or maybe you mean you want to flash a message that says "Someone has entered the diary room"? If it's that, then you can use a scan converter.

EDIT: Same goes for lower thirds, if that's what you want to do.
Chris Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2006, 04:17 AM   #5
Inner Circle

the best way for such system is to hook a pc to each screen (you get the best resolution) and run a program that display video along the others infos (logo, scrolling text, pictures).
each PC will receive the data on a high speed network (100Mb or even gigabit ethernet).
you can then control each screen separately.
you can write your own interface easily using visual basic.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2006, 04:48 AM   #6
Regular Crew

sounds good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroud Francois
the best way for such system is to hook a pc to each screen (you get the best resolution) and run a program that display video along the others infos (logo, scrolling text, pictures).
each PC will receive the data on a high speed network (100Mb or even gigabit ethernet).
you can then control each screen separately.
you can write your own interface easily using visual basic.
i like the sound of that but at maximum we only have 4 working pc's and not the room to put them anywhere, we struggle to have one where we are situated and we have no where else to go. any other alternatives? thanks.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion