what is the best method to clean both your lens? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old February 4th, 2007, 10:30 PM   #1
New Boot

what is the best method to clean both your lens?

Can anyone advise what is the best method to clean your U.V. protective lens. I sometimes film in muddy and dusty conditions at times with dirt bike racing (Moto X) and sometimes they flick up mud or dirt which can get on my lens. Just would like to know if there is an proper way i should be cleaning the lens both during and after a "job" if mud or dirt happens to get sprayed on the lens. Thank you in advance for any suggestions given.

Last edited by Nic Maguire; February 5th, 2007 at 04:24 PM.
Nic Maguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 05:37 AM   #2
Major Player

i know some of the photographers who never clean their lens and just try to keep them clean, they claim that each time you clean your lens new micro scratchs are made, its probably true, but hard to follow...

cleaning dusty lens, the best choise would probably be compressed air. And if there is still some dirt then clean it with special cloth and liquid....
Andzei Matsukevits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 04:20 PM   #3
New Boot

Hi Andzei. thank u for the suggestion. I have a small manual compresser unit i carry with me in the field for that very reason, I was just wondering if there was a correct method for this so i wasnt doing any damage to the lens by the way i currently clean them after getting sprayed with mud or dirt. Anyway Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andzei Matsukevits
i know some of the photographers who never clean their lens and just try to keep them clean, they claim that each time you clean your lens new micro scratchs are made, its probably true, but hard to follow...

cleaning dusty lens, the best choise would probably be compressed air. And if there is still some dirt then clean it with special cloth and liquid....
Nic Maguire is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion