narrowed my search to a few cams - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old March 10th, 2007, 06:41 AM   #46
Trustee

Btw, I'm originaly from Waterbury. i worked near Seasid Park a coulple of summers installing school furniture at the university of Bridgeport (many years ago).
Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2007, 10:13 AM   #47
Inner Circle

I just saw a PD170 on B&H's site, for $2000, with only 70 hours on the drum.
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2007, 03:21 PM   #48
Regular Crew

Ive got a friend who is selling his DVC 30 if you are interested in a semi used cam. it is in great shape.
Mark Tarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2007, 04:08 PM   #49
Regular Crew

Thanks.................email me at planetstudio@sbcglobal.net
Old March 12th, 2007, 04:19 PM   #50
Inner Circle

Sam, being the sound guy you are, I knew you would probably jump all over that adapter issue....And for critical sound you are probably going to do separate recording anyway.... But the Beachtech has solve the problem for many without serious issues. And I wonder if the "pipeline" from the XLR inputs on an equiped camera is any better than that 8 inches on my adapter.... Assuming good contact with the plug, maybe not....
Old March 12th, 2007, 04:29 PM   #51
Major Player

I've had the Sign Video XLR Pro for about 2 years and have had great results with a Canon ZR70 with it. I'm not sure if the Beachtek has any other features, but I can attest to this one working very well.

http://signvideo.com/xlr-pro_xlr_ada...udio-mixer.htm

I've seen this design on documentaries on TV, and with local news stations in the Orlando area as well. There seem to be a few companies producing a similar design and I don't know who invented it originally.

It doesn't provide phantom power, but it's clean and quiet and can also combine 1 XLR and 1 1/8" jack into each output channel (or switch it to mono). So technically you could have 4 sources plugged into here, mixed to 2 outs, and then 2 more XLR's on the back of the camera, recorded to 2 or 4 tracks.

A dedicated multitrack recorder might be a better route when you start combining that many sources, or at least a dedicated audio mixer and engineer to combine everything properly.

But, it can be done, which is the cool thing anyway.

Eric
Eric Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2007, 04:48 PM   #52
Regular Crew

Yep, I did jump.......i'm such a sucker! PIPELINE? are you trying to test me chris? LOL. I guess since i'm not fully aware of all the adapter specs and really not aware at all Im a lil shaky. The good thing is that I can ask here, in this forum, where(sob) newbies like me(sob) can ask questions and get (sob) decent answers. (yes, I am a live one). Assuming I get a cam that will need a beachtech, I will have to trust the video gods. but all it will take is 1 lil issue and I will oscilliscope the hell out of the freq to check if the x axis does not relate to the y axis and if there is a difference between the waves............ aw fuggheddaboutttit! I'll just trust ya!
Old March 12th, 2007, 04:53 PM   #53
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Shepherd View Post
It doesn't provide phantom power, but it's clean and quiet and can also combine 1 XLR and 1 1/8" jack into each output channel (or switch it to mono).

What????????????no phanton? how dare you suggest that eric!
Old March 12th, 2007, 05:02 PM   #54
Major Player

I know! But then again, it's $100 less than the Beachtek Phantom powered units, and $20 less than the equivalent Beacktek models. :P
Eric Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2007, 05:20 PM   #55
Regular Crew

Thanks for that eric.....checking the link now(surfing)...............
Old March 15th, 2007, 06:43 PM   #56
Inner Circle

There's a Panasonic DVC80 being offered (asking $1100) in the classifieds here, by a member who posts regularly. That might be worth considering (3-1/3" CCDs and has built in XLR).
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 08:58 PM   #57
Regular Crew

Dvx?

I've seen alot of cameras mentioned but just curious why no mention of the dvx100a? It offers XLR, 24p etc. Would it fit your requirements? I will be selling one in great shape very soon.
Jonathan Gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2007, 04:54 PM   #58
Regular Crew

sorry guys, I was out this weekend looking for cams. Thanks for the info rob, but, i cant see the post yet(newbie) can you link me to him? planetstudio@sbcglobal.net also, is that a good cam? I mean, I guess coming from you it would be(ass kissing). Also, if anyone needs to reach me about the post for cams, you now have the address. I am also looking at a vx2100 from BH.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion