hard drive will not mount at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old April 20th, 2007, 01:18 AM   #1
New Boot

hard drive will not mount

Hi,
I recently bought a lacie d2 250gb drive to acompany a first hard drive. I am using os 10.4.9. I pluged it in at first and it was fine then I tried staring it up when my other Maxtor drive was mounted and it unmounted the maxtor. I tried rebooting both drives and only the maxtor came back. Now, when I restart my computer with the lacie in it says that the disk is unreadable and will not mount. I try to initialize and it says input/output error. I have tried switching firewire cables, repairing disk permissions etc. Any help would be much apreciated.

Thanks
Drew
Drew McElvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 10:39 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Drew,

Can you provide more information... what is the maxtor drive the first external you have..

what computer do you have... take some time if you can and provide a little more information.. i was trying to keep up with your post and you lost me man..

i think thats why no one has got back to you but ill give it a shot.

~Mike
Old April 21st, 2007, 12:41 PM   #3
Major Player

Try opening up Disk Utility and formatting it if you don't have anything important on it.

Last edited by Chris Harris; April 21st, 2007 at 12:43 PM. Reason: added more info
Chris Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 12:47 PM   #4
Wrangler

If the drive is still under warranty, and if there isn't anything important on it, then why not send it back for exchange or repair? This sounds like a hardware problem and it would be a good idea to get it fixed instead finding a workaround now which may come back to bite you later.

But you might also want to try it on a different computer just to see what happens.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion