Transparent Video Overlays at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old May 16th, 2007, 12:55 PM   #1
Major Player

Transparent Video Overlays

Having figured out after more time than I wish to admit, how to float transparent video over an existing web page, I'm wondering if other forum members have found customers for this approach? All of the offers for it that I've seen have involved an annual contract, with the file hosted by the service and charges for number of views. This method can be easily hosted by the client with a set of files and a few code entries in the HTML. I have an example up at www.netvideomaker.com where it is the first video object to appear. I'm also looking to breath some life into the blog site I started about this and other web site video options. If you have a chance, and see something worth commenting on please do: www.websitevideo.blogspot.com
Thanks for any input, as always.

David Hurdon
David Hurdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 05:35 PM   #2
Trustee

So how does one do this?
Old May 17th, 2007, 07:13 AM   #3
Major Player

Paul, that's the question that occupied me from my first exposure to it last fall. It took me a solid month to get where I am now, once I had a sense of how to do it. From shooting the greenscreen clip to publishing the file set is something like a dozen steps, using three principal applications along the way. In my case, Ultra 2 executes the key and exports with an alpha channel. Wildpresenter Pro creates the FLV (with alpha channel) and Flash Pro 8 adds the ActionScript directions that a javascript file catches. Given the absence of Flash experience in my background this was the hard part. As is not unusual, getting there leaned on the kindness of strangers, in this case two Flash developers somewhere out there on the web.

David Hurdon
David Hurdon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion